Learning Meetup is back
Have you heard of Learning Meetup before?
It is a free online networking and sharing group for L&D professionals in Australia.
There is no preparation, no advertising, no recording and no ongoing commitment. All you have to do is turn up and be ready to listen, learn and/or contribute to the discussion. It happens in real time and so do our topics. We meet on the first Wednesday of every month for one hour. That’s it!
Our first meetup for 2023 was Wednesday 1st February 8:00-9:00am AEDT. We touched on topics “Head, Hand, Heart”, copyright (attributions, nuances, AI, ChatGPT etc) and 2022 learnings. We also meet Michael and Hamsa for the first time.
If you would like to join future meetups visit the Learning Meetup 2023 information page on Humanitix, or keep reading.
The approach to Learning Meetup is decided by group consensus and evaluated at the end of each calendar year. Here is the current format:
- Event commences for welcome and networking 5 minutes before scheduled start time
- On commencement, attendees add learning topics (or issues / problems) for discussion to the virtual board – voluntary participation
- The preferred order of topics / issues / problems for discussion is decided by popular vote
- Each topic is allocated approximately 5 minutes
- The owner of the topic introduces the context, then we all have an opportunity to contribute our ideas, thoughts, opinions, advice, observations or learnings
- If you can’t get a word in, raise your hand visually or virtually
- At the end of the 5 minutes we may add extra time if the conversation is rich
- We do our best to always finish on time
It’s up to you! Bring an idea. Ask a tricky question. Or wait until you know who is in the room for topic inspiration to strike. There is no need to prepare at all.
The wonderful thing about this group is you never know who will be there. We have regular attendees from all over Australia who drop in depending on availability and commitments. We come from education, government, business / industry and not-for-profit organisations. Some of us are employees, some are self-employed and some run their own businesses. Essentially, we welcome everyone who is interested in contributing to our learning discussion. Does this sound like something you would like to be part of?
Learning Meetups are held on the first Wednesday of each month, 8:00 – 9:00am. The event is free. For more information visit Learning Meetup on Humanitix.
Please contact Lyndal if you have any questions, or would like assistance to access the event.